Sunday 27 April 2014

Back on familiar turf

Back to the Orchard Centre today.
I thought I may have seen everything I was likely to here, so lately I have been frequenting other haunts.
62 species on a small, inland patch like this seemed quite respectable but........ you should never say never!
Sat in the hide today, I was very pleasantly surprised at the numbers of House Martins - at least 30 and probably nearer 35. But I was absolutely chuffed to see 3 Sand Martins mixed in with the throng.

And then there in right in front of the hide was a gorgeous male Mandarin Duck. "Bang tidy!" as Keith Lemon would say. And that's 64 for the patch list. (Photo by the Lone Birder's daughter).
Mandarin
Other birds seen today included 2 Ravens, 5 Swallows, 3 Stock Doves, 2 Coots, and a handfull of Mallards.
Female Mallard

No comments:

Post a Comment