Sunday 2 June 2013

In to June

My second visit this weekend and a sunny, if somewhat blustery, afternoon.
Only 2 Tufted Ducks to be seen today. I'll give them their due, they are very obliging when it comes to photographs and will sit and pose with ease. It's shame that some of the other birds can't be so loving of the camera.

A number of Skylarks could be heard singing and at least 4 Chiffchaff were in full song too. 
A large Brown Hare ran out in front of me just as I got to the hide:

Other birds putting in appearances today were : 12 Mallards (including the white bird), 2 Stock Doves, 15 Lesser Black-backed Gulls, 4 House Martins, 2 Buzzards, 8 Jackdaw and a Great Spotted Woodpecker.
There were a good number of damselfly around the water today. I believe that this one is a female Large Red Damselfly (but I wouldn't hang my hat on it). They are amazing creatures seen in close up.

I think Summer has finally arrived. This place is really bursting into life now. Wonderful.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Steve,
    I HAD 4 Tufted DUCKS A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO ON A SMALL POND, ON THE EDGE OF THE PATCH , SAME BIRDS MAYBE / CRACKING BLOG

    ReplyDelete