Monday 3 November 2014

This time next year, Rodney........

........ we'll be millionaires. At least in birding terms.
Sunday afternoon was gloriously sunny, if a lttle windy.
I sat in that hide and gazed out on my little patch with a real sense of contentment. This place is really turning into something special. I'm in for some real treats soon.

BUT in the meantime!
Not a bad setlist today:
14 Snipe  (that's a stunning number), 26 Teal, a Kingfisher, 145 Redwing, 8 Goldfinch, 2 Mute Swan, a Green woodpecker, A Great Spotted Woodpecker, 15 Long Tailed Tits, 6 Blue Tits, 124 Herring Gulls, 2 Buzzards, 4 Moorhens and a female Kestrel.
A huge Brown Hare bounded past the hide. The first one I've seen here for a couple of months and certainly the biggest. I thought it was a dog at first. In fact I'm embarrassed to say it was actually bigger than my dog!
Not much luck with photos today. Just this rather grainy snap of a Teal:
"Grainy" the Teal
Look in next week for another rivetting update. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment