Saturday 18 May 2013

The song remains the same

There's a certain familiarity beginning to creep in now.
I can pretty much predict the regulars now and they were all there today:
2 Mute Swans, 2 Grey Herons, 2 Canada Geese, a handful of Mallards and our shy, nervous friend: the white duck.
I've only ever seen gulls flying over, or landed, in the adjacent fields but today there were around 50 Herring Gulls alighting around the main lake. Chiffchaff were plentiful, a couple of Swallows and a very handsome Jay were also in attendance.

Otherwise, it was a quiet day for birds so I took the opportunity to take a few other photographs:
The hide. You can find me in here most days, huddled against the wall, avoiding those Artic winds.
A couple of locals
and......a dandelion.

Later this afternoon I paid a visit to nearby Ashleworth Ham, where I managed to get this photo of a Redstart:

So nothing new for the patch list today but there's time. There's always time.





No comments:

Post a Comment