Saturday 11 May 2013

Whistle down the wind

There's something reassuringly dissapointing about Local Patch birding in May.
I don't know if it's the biting wind, the lashing rain or even the unseasonal hailstorms - or possibly the combination of all of these elements - that ensures such a complete lack of birds. But boy, was today one of those days:





After a long week at work and a busy day off , I arrived with my usual enthusiasm in tact about 5.30pm. A small flock of Goldfinches greeted me and I made my way to the hide. A Grey Heron flew up and over me and a number of Mallards huddled together near the reed bird.
I managed to get a couple of shots of the elusive White Duck.  Is it a Mallard?

I didn't get much time to consider this before the heavens opened and the deluge began. It was so bad I even got wet in the hide!
Mission aborted. Wet, cold......... and reassuringly dissapointed.




No comments:

Post a Comment