Wednesday 22 October 2014

All I want for Christmas is........

So I was sitting in the hide down at the Orchard Centre, sucking on a Werther's Original and musing on life when I got to thinking, "It's about time we had some new birds at this place".
To be fair a patch list of 71 in this tiny morsel of Gloucestershire is not bad at all, but as the site matures it gets you thinking "What next?".
So rather than a bit of fantasy football I thought I'd have a game of Fantasy Patchlist and come up with the ten birds than just might make an apperance before Christmas.

So, in no particular order:
Garganey
Pintail
Great Crested Grebe
Water Rail
Jack Snipe
Red Kite
Hen Harrier
Waxwing
Great White Egret
Bittern  (anything's possible!)

So there's my top ten. If I had to put money on one it would be the Pintail but I've got a feeling in my water (again) about Water Rail.

Hen(ry) Harrier, come on down!

No comments:

Post a Comment