Sunday 7 April 2013

Hare today, gone tomorrow.

Another glorious morning. This can't last, surely?
The first thing I noticed today was a pair of Mallards with 8 newly hatched ducklings. It's official -  spring has arrived!
The Mute Swans have also built a magnificent nest.
The Kestrels were showing better today and I got a shot of the male (click photo to enlarge):

Ploughing in the field adjacent to the Orchard centre was attracting a large flock of gulls (Herring and Lesser Black-Backed). So that's numbers 47 and 48 added to the patch list.
More suprisingly, this was also pulling in a large number of Buzzards (I counted at least 12).
Whilst I was watching the Buzzard/Gull ariel display a Hare shot out from under my feet. I managed to swing the camera around and fire a couple of shots off but they're not the best:

Other than that, it was the usual suspects: 7 Snipe, 14 Teal, a lonely Canada Goose and a Grey Heron.

No comments:

Post a Comment